7 Tips to Make Your Website Different from the Rest
The internet is a huge, never-ending database. You don’t want people to play the “Where’s Waldo” game with your business’s website. There are ways you can show up higher on Google with SEO through your website’s content. But as soon as someone finally finds your website, don’t make them turn away because they can’t find what they are looking for! It is important to provide an easy-to-navigate website for your potential customer that stands out from your competition to improve your website’s overall bounce rate.
In a sea of websites on the internet, here are some important ways to make your website different from your competition’s:
- Update Frequently – It is important that your website provides the most up-to-date information for your new and existing customers for best communication. This includes your hours, inventory, a location change, etc.
- Make it Fun – Add graphics, videos, and other interactive elements to entertain the reader as they scroll through your website. Include visually appealing imagery that showcase your product or service best!
- Make it Searchable – Because we are busy, we expect everything to be right in front of us without doing much searching. If you have a lot of content on your website, no one is going to hunt around to find what they are looking for. They will give up and move on to the next business. Make it easy to find whatever someone is looking for with an organized website that is easy to follow and not overcrowded with information.
- Add a Blog – Put your expertise into words and provide tips and guidance on topics within your industry. Blogs will also help potential customers find your website online. It is important to upload different blogs frequently to stay up to date and continue driving traffic to your website. Blogs are also a great way to build brand credibility. Through helpful content, viewers will see your brand as a valuable resource and leader in the industry.
- Make Sure It’s Mobile Friendly – More than 70% of all visits to the internet are on a mobile device. It is important that your website is compatible with mobile devices so that your website is easiest to navigate and read on a small screen. The majority of people will immediately leave a website without searching if the site is not mobile friendly. Want to see how your website looks on a mobile device? Check out this trick.
- Headlines and Graphics – People aren’t reading as much anymore. When someone is on your website, they are most likely skimming it. Most people want to see big headlines that tell them what they want to know and graphics that tell the story! Supporting text is there for just that, support (and SEO)! Make sure your imagery is clear, professional, and draws attention, while complimenting your business and telling a story.
- Be You – Being you is what makes you different because nobody can be you. Make your business’s website sound like you and look like you. Have your website reflect your company’s services and values to help establish trust and a bond with your customers. Because just as there’s someone out there for everyone, there are people searching for a website and business like yours!
It can be hard to stand out online. Nowadays, every business has a website and every business has social media pages. Making your standout online is most successful when the marketing strategies are tailored to best fit your business and your clients. However, having a professional look is the easy part. It is then imperative to put it into action and be the company that you are portrayed as online through and through.
Would you like our help with creating an amazing website that stands out? Get in touch with us!
- Social Media Nightmares
- Chasing A Branded BBQ Legend
- So You’re Telling Me There’s A Chance!
- What the Influencers Said
- How to Delight Your Customers